"If you're not tracking data, you're not gonna be able to figure out what's working and what's not." - Jimmy (Mr.Beast), in an interview with The Verge.
The excitement of sharing something with the world is often met with a reality check when you don't get the expected response.
But what went wrong? You did your best, wrote the funniest caption, and created the perfect visuals, so why didn't it work?
That's our premise for today, if you have a way to look at and interpret data objectively, you can do things that get you better results.
In this post, we'll talk about when you need to invest in a social media analytics tool and how you choose the one for you.
Pivot to Statusbrew or a tool like ours happens when you have unstructured or missing data — scattered across different social channels — preventing you from making sense of and identifying the patterns.
You can do a lot of it natively, but the process will likely be laborious, not to mention imprecise, with a lot of noise.
This is our selling point to you, Statusbrew offers clear, actionable insights that allow you to identify patterns in your brand's performance, as well as gives you a picture of how well your team is performing.
Here are a few highlights of Statusbrew:
Customizable Reporting Templates - Minimal friction (less than 5 clicks) to start
Community managers looking for a quick overview of your team's performance? No problem. Use the "Team Engagement Template" to generate a beautiful dashboard with widgets offering metrics like First Response Times, New Conversations, Close Times, Team member leaderboard & more
Similarly, social media managers can use the "Brand Performance" template to get a bird's eye view of Audience Growth, People Reached, Audience Sentiment, Share of voice, and more!
Custom Reporting - Focus on just the data you need
- For those who know exactly what data they need, our custom reports let you access all of Statusbrew's data (200+ metrics) for additional power and the flexibility to answer the questions that matter to your business.
Competitor Analysis - Benchmark against the best
- Doing competitor research is one of the most time-consuming tasks for any business. Today, with Statusbrew's competitor reports, you can easily benchmark your social media performance against other top brands in real time without the hassle of manual research.
- And, of course, if you need to share or view the data elsewhere, you can easily export and combine your data with other tools. You could export reports as PDF (add your branding while doing that) & CSV. You can also white-label your reports and set up a live link for your reporting dashboard to share it with your stakeholders who are not part of Statusbrew.
- Standard: $129 per month
- Premium: $229 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Talkwalker Analytics is a social media analytics and monitoring tool to promote brands and increase customer engagement and revenue.
Talkwalker Analytics helps teams to analyze their online, social, print, and TV or radio content in one platform. It helps analyze text and visual content and saves time with automatic report creation and distribution. It offers a customized dashboard and ensures data integrity by having a centralized data intelligence platform.
Talkwalker Analytics uses artificial intelligence (AI) to figure out the most relevant and impactful information. It makes use of image recognition technology to track over 30,000 brand images. It offers prebuilt use cases to create social media performance reports and a centralized data intelligence platform for data integrity.
It analyzes text and visual content together using integrated image recognition technology. You can uncover opportunities to collaborate with brands and people through Smart Theme analytics.
- Crisis tracking analytics
- Trends and hashtag tracking
- Supplier tracking
- Brand analysis
- Campaign measurement
- Unlimited users
- Image recognition
- Historical data on demand
- Enterprise: Starter, Business, Premium & Strategic
- SMB: Listen, Analyze, Research
Pricing is gatekeeped. You would have to talk to their sales reps to get a quote.
Iconosquare is a user-friendly social media analytics tool that helps entrepreneurs and teams build their social presence on multiple social accounts. It schedules and manages posts efficiently and brings out crucial analytics in one dashboard. With these analytics, brands can strengthen and refine their marketing strategy and online presence.
Iconosquare users can expect to reach targeted users and engage in fruitful interactions with them on social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Up-to-date metrics on different impressions, including followers gained and lost, post comments, and hashtag performance.
- The top follower locator can discover where your most engaged audiences are hiding.
- Competitor tracking and monitoring
- Real-time reporting
- The customizable dashboard to see your daily growth and reach across the platforms.
- Multi-user accessibility for better collaboration
- Pro: $52.06 per month
- Advanced: $83.93 per month
- Enterprise: $147.68 per month
Social Status enables users to automate and schedule reports in various formats, including CSV, XLSX, PDF, PowerPoint, and Google Slides. Digital agencies can create custom templates to cater to different client reporting needs, and they can white-label the reports with their agency branding and colors.
It also allows customizing report templates down to the client level. Performance reports can be split between paid and organic. It includes features for competitor benchmarking and influencer campaign tracking.
- Custom reports enable agencies to customize their report templates completely
- Live dashboard for intra-campaign analysis and real-time view
- Ads Analytics for tracking and reporting on paid social campaigns
- Competitor Analytics for benchmarking performance against any public profile
- Content tagging for reporting on specific campaigns or content pillars
- Report scheduling and report automation
- Starter: $29 per month
- Pro: $49 per month
- Business: $99 per month
- Agency: $399 per month
- Enterprise: $999 per month
No rating found
Sprout Social provides comprehensive social media analytics that enables you to examine your performance on individual social networks as well as compare results across various channels.
The platform allows you to access user-friendly and visually appealing reports to help you analyze your data. Additionally, it allows you to generate customized reports that align with your business's specific key performance indicators.
Sprout Social stands out with its exceptional capability to track the ROI for your social media campaigns. Using its advanced analytics, you can evaluate the financial outcomes of your campaigns and precisely determine the revenue generated from each one. And for budget centric approach, you can search for sprout social competitors.
- Track your Facebook Page impressions
- Measure Instagram follower growth
- Assess LinkedIn engagement
- Evaluate content performance on Pinterest
- Competitor analysis
- Standard: $249 per month
- Professional: $399 per month
- Advanced: $499 per month
- Enterprise: Custom
Keyhole is a social media analytics tool that allows you to monitor hashtag performance and analytics on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter. It provides plenty of data, including reach, users, impressions, the number of posts, and more.
Keyhole also offers account-level analytics and optimization features that analyze the hashtag performance of an account. It's an excellent way to find out if relevant social hashtags work in terms of engagement. It even suggests improving your post strategy and optimizing post length and timing.
You can take a look at trending hashtags to boost your content engagement. Keyhole represents the most related hashtags as a tag cloud. It clearly presents the bigger picture.
- Comprehensive social analytics
- Hashtag monitoring
- Influencers monitoring
- Competitors' campaign analysis
- Team collaboration
- Social Listening & Campaigns: From $79 per month
- Profile Analytics: From $39 per month
- Influencer Tracking: Custom Pricing
- Enterprise Suite: Custom Pricing
BrandMentions is the perfect social media analytics tool to monitor and grow your business. It helps to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
In BrandMentions, you will find the most popular social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Reddit, Pinterest, and more, along with non-social websites. The tool locates any mention of your brand in the news, blog, or anywhere else and automatically puts it into the framework.
It can even alert you to take immediate action using real-time notifications. BrandMentions allow you to organize, save, and document your brand loyalty, making them more valuable information.
- Provides access to historical data for web and social mentions from six months to ten years ago, depending on your subscription level
- Gain instant insights about your brand and competitors
- Get brand mentions reports
- Automate email reports with customization
- Keep an eye on your competitors' search terms
- Perform efficient web and social listening
- Enterprise/Agency: $499 per month
- Company: $ 299 per month
- Growing Business: $ 99 per month
Hootsuite is a widely used social media management tool that stands out with its comprehensive Insights feature. This feature offers in-depth analytics and metrics for your social media campaigns. You can easily track your most successful posts, as well as your posts' reach and engagement.
Hootsuite's Insights feature also allows you to monitor how people are discussing particular topics and track conversations about your brand. This makes it an ideal tool for those looking to implement a social listening strategy and stay on top of their online reputation.
- Get an overview of key metrics
- Unlimited real-time reports
- Team performance measurement across major social platforms
- Customize reports and export them in PDF, PowerPoint or Excel formats
- Support over 200 metrics
- Measure response and resolution time
- Professional: $23.42 per month
- Team: $92.22 per month
- Business: $550.36 per month
- Enterprise: Custom
While Google Analytics may not be a dedicated social media analytics tool, it offers valuable insights into your social accounts by allowing you to monitor audience engagement and track your social media campaigns. Incorporating Google Analytics into your digital marketing strategy is crucial for your business.
- Create reports for each social media network specifically
- Analyze which social media network is bringing the most amount of traffic to your website
- This knowledge will help you to dedicate more resources to social networks which have a high Social Media ROI
- Helps to compare your organic and paid social media efforts
It’s completely free.
Brandwatch specializes in digital consumer intelligence by monitoring several conversations occurring online every day, including those on blogs, reviews, news, and images. The platform can help businesses categorize and evaluate analytics from various sources. You can track competitors, manage your brand, devise content strategies, optimize customer experience, facilitate influencer marketing, and handle crisis management.
Brandwatch employs artificial intelligence programs to collect and analyze data. It helps its users to understand their customers' needs, wants and interests better.
- Offers social listening and reputation management
- Assess market trends
- Find new sales opportunities
- Learn how your audience feels about your brand
- Improve your ROI
- Overview of campaign performance
- Detailed demographic and interaction data for each post
- Provides customized pricing in a meeting.
BuzzSumo is a versatile content analysis tool. It provides data about the topics that are trending on social media channels. It even allows you to analyze data from a range of different time periods, such as for the previous 12 hours or from the previous months.
- Trends can be filtered by location. So if your audience is from international countries, you will get to know about what’s popular in their regions.
- Provides advanced keyword search operators, backlink information, content type filters, and influencer marketing features.
- Customize your feed, so you will only see the data that matters.
- Helps you to find inspiration when you are struggling to come up with content ideas
- Allows you to export the data
- Basic: $119 per month
- Content Creation: $249 per month
- PR & Comms: $249 per month
- Suite: $399 per month
- Enterprise: $999 per month
Meltwater is a media intelligence platform that uses AI to analyze the world's largest news and social media database. It offers tools for social media monitoring, social media management, PR analytics, and influencer engagement.
Meltwater helps businesses understand how modern media intelligence connects media monitoring to engagement measurement and how PR professionals shift their focus from being brand spokespeople to creating brand authority and delivering a positive experience.
- Search for and analyze historical social media data
- See all of your social media data in one place
- Identify trending topics and conversations on social media
- Compare your social performance to your competitors.
- Compare different brands, keywords, or complex queries to see how they perform on social media.
- Create custom lists of users or audience types to track and analyze.
- Receive notifications about spikes in mentions and engagement, shifts in sentiment, sponsored Facebook posts, and viral tweets.
- Track and measure team performance in conversations.
- Create & share dashboards with your team or clients
A custom quote is shared as per the requirement.
HubSpot's social media analytics tool helps to find out how many people visit your profile and interact with it and how your content is performing.
HubSpot claims to be a comprehensive social media analytics tool that provides accurate data and reports on your ROI. You can track and optimize multiple accounts on multiple social platforms to see how you are doing.
HubSpot allows tracking of Instagram follower growth, LinkedIn engagement, YouTube subscriber growth, and TikTok virality.
- Track the performance of your social posts
- Identify the best times to post on social media
- See which social platforms are driving the most traffic to your website
- Track the results of your social campaigns to see what's working
- Understand how people are talking about your brand on social media and identify trends and patterns.
- See how you are stacking up against your competitors
- Free: $0 per month
- Starter: Starts at $20 per month
- Professional: Starts at $400 per month
- Enterprise: Starts at $1200 per month
Databox is a marketing campaign reporting software that extracts data from different social media networks and displays it all on one page.
Databox has premade templates that pull your key metrics from tools like your CRM and Google Analytics. You can see real-time data from your social media campaigns and each campaign's impact on other marketing channels, such as SEO and content marketing.
- See how your company's social media pages are performing overall, and drill down into the performance of individual posts.
- Visualize dozens of different Facebook page metrics in different ways.
- Measure your Facebook page's visitor and follower counts over various time periods.
- Pull data from any of Databox's native integrations or spreadsheets, databases, and other APIs.
- Measure & analyze engagement across all major social media platforms in real-time
- Free: $0
- Starter: $47 per month
- Professional: $135 per month
- Growth: $319 per month
- Premium: $799 per month
Instead of using a reporting tool that requires you to create reports manually, you should use AgencyAnalytics. AgencyAnalytics integrates with several other platforms to connect multiple data points & show reports automatically in your client dashboard.
One of the main selling points of AgencyAnalytics is that it allows you to white-label reports. This feature makes the tool ideal for digital agencies who wish to have their client reporting to be on-brand.
The best part of AgencyAnalytics is that it automates reporting, which saves you a lot of time and effort. As the data collection is fully automated, the dashboards you create are always up-to-date.
- Identify the most popular content and trends on social media.
- Track the performance of your social campaigns in real-time
- Share these reports with your clients or team to keep everyone informed of your progress.
- Track how many websites are linking to your website and where those links are coming from.
- See how people are talking about your brand on social media.
- Get an influencer score that measures your influence on social media.
- Freelancer: $12 per month per client campaign
- Agency: $18 per month per client campaign
- Enterprise: Custom
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Since the importance of social media cannot be denied, one needs to be accurate when dealing with the data, and social media analytics software prove to be the perfect medium to improve this and provide accuracy. Choosing the right social analytics tool works like magic and saves you time, effort, and energy. Your business goals can be achieved irrespective of what they may be.
Sherlock Holmes said, "It's my business to know what other people don't know." So, be the Sherlock Holmes of your industry effortlessly with the knowledge and help of the best social analytics tool: Statusbrew.
Try out Statusbrew totally free for 14 days (no credit card required) and see if it's the right fit for you!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some commonly asked questions about social media analytics tools:
What are social media analytics tools?
Social media analytics tools help you easily gather and find meaning in the data from different social channels to support your business decisions.
What are the best social media analytics tools?
Statusbrew is one of the best social media analytics tools available, as it offers in-depth insights into your social accounts with its rich database of 200+ metrics.
What can social media analytics tools help you measure?
Depending on the social analytics tools, the data they gather can be used to track metrics like engagement, reach, and impressions across different social channels. They can be used to understand the demographics of your social audience, monitor competitor activity, and spot trends.