If you want your business to stand out in a hyper-competitive market, you need to look closely at your competitors. 🔍
You pour your heart and soul into your marketing efforts, but it often feels like you are missing an important piece of the puzzle.
With so many established players and an increasing number of online businesses, how can you ensure that your business is hitting the podium in every marketing campaign?
The answer is by analyzing your competitors very very closely.
Thankfully, there are a bunch of competitor analysis tools available that can do the stalking for you.
74% of brands say that their main competitors already use online competitor analysis to gain a competitive edge and stand out in the market. 90% of Fortune 500 companies rely on competitive intelligence, including online competitor analysis, to outperform their competitors.
This blog provides you with a list of tools to help you assess what you need to do to match (and even top) the strongest players in your market.
- SE Ranking
You can directly jump to a section of your choice or keep scrolling.
With social media being one of the top channels for connecting with customers today, Statusbrew offers a great starting point for competitive analysis. It helps to understand and optimize your social media performance in comparison to your competitors.
Understanding your competitor's performance from multiple angles on popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Monitor their engagement, reach, and audience growth to stay updated with their efforts and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Instagram Hashtags Feed
You can conduct an in-depth competitor analysis by monitoring the activity around a desired hashtag. This way, you can understand your competitors' Instagram marketing strategies, content performance, and audience engagement. The insights you gain from your competitors can help you identify untapped opportunities and know how your audience feels and thinks about your competitors.
Statusbrew's Social Listening tool helps you to tap into publicly available social conversations. So you can quickly understand how consumers feel about your competitors' products and services. You can also examine your own share of voice in your industry to stay ahead of the competition.
|Social Listening||Instagram & Twitter|
|Competitor Reporting||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook|
|Custom Comparison||Compare and contrast data across customized timeframes|
|Shareability||PDF, CSV, Shareable Links, API Support|
|Report Builder||Access to 250+ metrics (data points) and 12 visualization types|
|AI Features||Automated Sentiment Analysis, Trend Analysis, Spike Detection|
|Historical Data||Lifetime (after you connect your social channels)|
|Data Backfill||Upto 1 Year|
|Security & Compliance||SOC Type 2 & GDPR Compliant|
- Standard: $129 per month
- Premium: $229 per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Don't just take our word for it; see what our satisfied customers say about us:
Book a free demo to experience the platform live in action!
BrightLocal helps marketers manage their online listings, SEO, and reviews in local searches. BrightLocal is the go-to platform for promoting physical businesses that engage in face-to-face interactions with customers. Businesses can assess their performance in localized organic search results against their competitors.
- Monitor your business's keyword performance across multiple search engines using the Local Search Rank Checker. Identify patterns in brand visibility and understand your competitive position.
- Conduct a thorough audit of your Google My Business listing. Get a quick glance at the top 10 performing businesses for specific keywords in your chosen location.
- BrightLocal allows you to compare your business with competitors based on key local SEO metrics.
- Understand how your competitors are faring in terms of citations, links, reviews, star ratings, and more. This information helps you identify areas for improvement and refine your local search strategy.
- Single Business: $35 per month
- Multi Business: $60 per month
- SEO Pro: $90 per month
Pricesearch focuses on analyzing pricing strategies in the market. It works as a product search engine, similar to Google Shopping, but with a unique twist. Pricesearch ranks search results based on the best prices offered to consumers.
- Understand competitor strategies, pricing fluctuations, and market dynamics by analyzing the historical pricing of competitors' products.
- Pricesearch's advanced 'Pricebot' crawler scours over 10,000 websites daily to collect pricing information.
- Businesses can upload their product feeds to Pricesearch. This gives your products the opportunity to be discovered by Pricesearch users.
- Provides free data to monitor competitor pricing closely
- Starter: € 150 per month
- Standard: € 299 per month
- Professional: € 399 per month
Brandwatch allows businesses to analyze their competitors' social presence. You can track conversations around your industry to monitor sentiment around each brand and your brand’s share of voice. It even allows you to set up alerts to be notified of recent trends and news.
- Brandwatch facilitates benchmarking against competitors in real-time.
It creates a list of direct, indirect, and tertiary competitors for you to compare their social presence and identify gaps.
- Analyze posts mentioning competitors and compare them with your own brand to understand audience perceptions.
- Brandwatch goes beyond demographics by considering factors like profession, interests, and hobbies for a more in-depth comprehensive gap analysis.
- Brandwatch monitors major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and more, in multiple languages.
It captures mentions of your business keywords, products, brand terms, and even competitor names.
- It offers sentiment analysis capabilities to track your reputation and understand audience perceptions.
Brandwatch offers customized pricing over a demo call.
BuzzSumo is a social intelligence platform that has rapidly gained popularity in recent years. With its sleek interface update in 2019 and expanding capabilities, BuzzSumo has become an indispensable tool in every marketer's arsenal.
- BuzzSumo allows businesses to analyze competitors' social profiles and content.
Identify trends and analyze engagement metrics of the competition.
- Pinpoint the most engaging content pieces across the web.
- Provides editorial guidance such as the best content types, recommended content length, ideal publishing networks, optimal posting times, and more by analyzing thousands of popular articles.
- Monitor industry and consumer trends on various social media platforms and forums.
- BuzzSumo's Facebook Content Analysis tool allows you to search keywords or specific Facebook pages to understand which brands are achieving the highest engagement for relevant topics and to develop a winning Facebook strategy.
- With BuzzSumo's monitoring feature, you can keep a close eye on your competitors' brand mentions.
- BuzzSumo makes it easy to track your competitors by sending you email alerts whenever someone links to your competitors.
- You can get super specific in your competitor research by using the advanced filters in their Content Analyzer.
- For instance, if you want to see all the infographics your competitor published in the last few months, select the "Infographic" option under Content Type in filters.
- Basic: $119 per month
- Content Creation: $249 per month
- PR & Comms: $249 per month
- Suite: $499 per month
- Enterprise: $999 per month
Semrush offers various features to help businesses to improve their search engine rankings and outperform their competitors.
- SEO audits to optimize website performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand your competitors' link-building strategies, identify high-quality backlink opportunities, and strengthen your own backlink profiles.
- Offers real-time metrics and advice on adjustments to create SEO-friendly content.
- Research and analyze your competitors' marketing strategies by identifying competitor keywords, advertising campaigns, and content strategies.
- Discover the best channels for marketing using channel analytics to lead.
- Semrush isn't just for SEO; it's also one of the best social media competitor analysis tools. Their Social Media Tracker lets you keep a close eye on your competitors' social media activity and figure out what content is trending in your industry.
- Semrush's Traffic Analytics tool gives you accurate estimations of any website's desktop and mobile traffic.
- Free: $0.00 per month
- Pro: $119.95 per month
- Guru: $229.95 per month
- Business: $449.95 per month
Owletter helps to capture and analyze your competition's emails. Owletter captures all emails sent from a website automatically to a mailing list. It takes a screenshot, stores it, and analyses it to alert you about the email if it's important for you. This way, you will never lose another email and learn loads about your competitors' email behavior.
- Understand your competitors' email campaigns.
- Track the frequency and timing of their email sends.
- Understand how they achieve success with their email campaigns.
- Identify trends and patterns in their email marketing efforts.
- Discover opportunities to outperform your competition in email marketing.
- Keep a record of your competition's emails. No more searching through your inbox for important competitor emails.
- Your team can access these emails at any time for reference and analysis.
- Starter: $19 per month
- Pro: $39 per month
- Unlimited: $79 per month
Ahrefs' Site Explorer is a great tool to analyze your competitor's organic search report, backlinking data, pages report and paid search report.
- By entering your competitor's domain in Site Explorer, you can explore the keywords they are ranking for and the amount of traffic generated they get from those keywords.
- Backlinks report allows you to dissect your competitors' link profiles, which is important for planning your own link-building strategy. Ahrefs boasts the world's largest backlink index, with over 14 trillion links in its database. This wealth of data helps you discover new link prospects and enhance your backlink strategy.
- Want to know which pages on your competitors' websites generate the most backlinks and social shares? The Pages report in Ahrefs' Site Explorer provides this information to help you identify their most successful content.
- If you are interested in knowing your competitors' PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising efforts, Ahrefs offers the Paid Search report. This report provides insights into their PPC ads and the keywords they are bidding on, which can help you in your own advertising campaigns.
- Lite: Starts at $99
- Standard: Starts at $199
- Advanced: Starts at $399
- Enterprise: Starts at $999
Serpstat is a competitor analysis tool that gives you deep insights into your competitors' SEO and PPC strategies.
Serpstat offers comprehensive data with a vast keyword database, including 230 Google regional databases, 7.2 billion search queries, 1.8 billion domains, 39.4 million ads, and 4.9 billion search suggestions.
Moreover, Serpstat has its own backlink index, featuring 386 million domains, 1 trillion links, 2.5 million domains crawled daily, and 2 billion unique links crawled daily.
The platform has over 50 tools covering keyword research, competitor analysis, rank tracking, site audit, backlink analysis, content analysis, and keyword clustering.
Their backlink analysis report displays key backlink metrics for the domain, such as the total number of referring domains and backlinks, internal links, Serpstat Domain Rank (SDR), top anchors, backlink types, new and lost backlinks.
- The "Link Intersect" tool allows you to see which websites are linking to your competitors to peek into their backlink secrets! You can find new link-building opportunities for your own site here.
- You can compare your site's backlinks with those of two other competitors. With filters, you will spot backlinks your site is missing, but your competitors have.
- Serpstat also has "Batch analysis" tools. These are super handy to check out a list of competitors and get important info on their metrics. You can analyze their domain and backlink data, spot strengths and weaknesses, and see how your website stacks up against the competition.
- Serpstat's "Keyword trends" tool shows you the hottest queries in real-time, sorted by country, city, date, and language. Content creators love this tool as it helps them catch trending topics before the competition snatches them.
- With Serpstat's AI Content analysis tools, you can generate titles, descriptions, articles, ads, and FAQs in a flash.
- You can also check your content for plagiarism, grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and more. They are still in the Alpha version, which means they are getting better and better!
- Lite: $69 per month
- Standard: $149 per month
- Advanced: $299 per month
- Enterprise: $499 per month
SE Ranking is a tool that has carved out its place in the tough landscape of competitor analysis tools. Despite the crowded market, it has steadily grown and now boasts over 400,000 users worldwide.
SE Ranking offers features for site audit, keyword research, backlink analysis, and PPC analysis. But what makes it stand out are its competitor research features.
You can look into your competitors' strategies with SE Ranking. Click on the "Competitor Research" tab and enter your competitor's domain. You will get an overview report showing their organic and paid traffic.
- The Report Builder is perfect for agencies. You can create custom reports to present important SEO data to your clients in a clear and concise way.
- The "Competitor Comparison" feature lets you compare your domain's organic traffic and keywords with two of your main competitors.
- You can see the keywords you have in common with your competitors and also find out which keywords are unique to your domain.
- Discover the missing keywords. These are the top keywords that your competitors are ranking for, but you are not.
- Discover your competitor's top organic keywords and best-performing pages. Pay attention to the top 10 pages and the organic keywords they rank for. These are the targets you want to focus on while creating your own content.
- Analyze your competitor's PPC strategy. Check out their top 5 paid keywords and explore the detailed report for a complete list of paid keywords they are targeting in Google ads.
- You can see data on their referring domains, backlinks, and more in the "Backlink Checker" tab.
- You can even filter the results to find the most authoritative backlinks they have obtained.
- Optimum: $39 per month
- Plus: $89 per month
- Enterprise: 189 per month
SimilarWeb is a competitor analysis tool that gives you an accurate look at your competitor's website traffic, top keywords, and more. You can even export the data to a PDF for future reference.
To start, type your competitor's domain in the search box, and SimilarWeb will generate a detailed analytics report. You will see an overview of their website traffic, including the different sources of traffic.
If you are not sure who your main competitors are, you can enter your own domain and get a list of the top competitors similar to you. Once you have the list, click on any competitor's website to see their detailed analytics report. This report can help you outsmart your competition.
- SimilarWeb doesn't stop at websites; it also gives you insights into apps! You can keep track of your app's monthly downloads, ratings and see how it ranks in its category.
- You can compare your app's performance with your competitors. To check out the apps your app is competing with within the App Store, head over to the "Similar Apps" section of the report.
- SimilarWeb has different pricing plans to suit your needs. You can check out their pricing page to find the best fit for you.
- Starter: $125 per user/month
- Professional: $333 per user/month
- Team: Custom
- Enterprise: Custom
How To Select The Right Competitor Analysis Tools?
Data Sources: Look for tools that offer data from diverse sources to get a comprehensive view of your competitors' performance across different channels.
Sentiment Analysis: Choose a tool that incorporates sentiment analysis to understand how customers perceive your competitors. This will help you understand their brand reputation and potential areas for improvement.
Content Analysis: Opt for tools that analyze your competitors' content strategies in detail including the type of content, themes, formats, engagement levels, and overall effectiveness of their content marketing efforts.
Localization Capabilities: If your business operates in multiple regions or countries, look for tools that offer localization capabilities. This allows you to analyze competitors' strategies and performance in specific geographic markets, taking into account cultural nuances and regional competitors.
Integration: Assess whether the competitor analysis tool integrates well with other tools in your marketing or analytics stack to combine competitor insights with other relevant data sources for a more comprehensive analysis.
Which One Of These Tools Will You Try?
And there you have it! This was our list of what we believe as some of the best competitor analysis tools available on the web right now.
These tools vary in terms of features and focus, but they all share a common goal - helping you stay ahead of the competition and enhance your marketing strategy.
So go ahead and give the tool (or tools) that resonate with your business a try. It's time to secure a well-deserved spot in your industry and make your mark!
To analyze your competitors on social media, Statusbrew can help you identify what works well for them, understand audience preferences, and uncover potential gaps in your own social media approach. Book a FREE demo today & take a step closer to outshine your competitors on social media!
Statusbrew is an all-in-one social media management tool that supports Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and even Google My Business.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some commonly asked questions on competitor analysis tools:
Which are the SEO competitor analysis tools?
Here are the top 3 SEO competitor analysis tools:
Which are the free competitor analysis tools?
Here are the top 3 free competitor analysis tools:
- Google Trends
- Social Mention
Which are the social media competitor analysis tools?
Here are the top 3 social media competitor analysis tools:
- Unbox Social