It's no secret that TikTok has become a powerhouse social network. However, for brands & marketers using the app for their business, it's essential to understand which TikTok analytics are accessible, & more importantly, what each metric means to them. How else can you correctly measure success, especially on a platform that's consistently evolving to accommodate its growing audiences?
Being successful on TikTok is more work than making trendy, viral videos or launching catchy hashtag challenges. It also includes preparing a strategy consisting of a meaningful measurement plan.
Dive into this article for a full list & definitions of available TikTok analytics.
Table Of Content:
You can directly jump to a section of your choice or keep scrolling.
What Are TikTok Analytics?
TikTok analytics is an excellent tool designed to help creators & businesses track the metrics & insights around their content. It allows information & insight into useful data like changes in follower numbers, a profile overview, video analytics & much more.
How To Get A TikTok Pro Account To Access Analytics?
Switching to a pro account is surprisingly simple. However, making that change could be hugely useful when it comes to analyzing your account's performance on TikTok. It becomes even easier to grow your account using these TikTok analytics & insights.
It starts with having a Pro-Account (which is free) if you want to access all of the TikTok analytics currently available. Here's how to switch to a Business Account on TikTok:
Step 1: Open the TikTok app & tap on Profile
Step 2: Tap on the hamburger icon to open the Settings and privacy tab
Step 3: Tap Manage my account ->Switch to Pro Account
Image Source: Pixlee
Now, you need to select between a Creator or a Business account. Fill in the required information as asked & you have successfully converted your TikTok account into a pro one to get access to TikTok analytics.
You need to wait 7 days after switching your account to a pro one until TikTok analytics for your account starts displaying.
How To Check TikTok Analytics On Mobile?
Follow the steps below if you are using TikTok on a mobile device & want to check TikTok analytics:
Step 1: Open the TikTok app & tap on Profile
Step 2: Tap on the hamburger icon & choose Settings and privacy from the menu that opens up
Step 3: Tap Creator Tools ->Analytics
Image Source: Klipfolio
How To Check TikTok Analytics On Desktop?
To access your TikTok analytics on a desktop, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Login to your TikTok account in a web browser
Step 2: Hover your mouse pointer over your profile picture
Step 3: From the drop-down menu, select 'View Analytics'
Image Source: Alphr
TikTok Analytics Defined
TikTok analytics gathers information & data after a week of the launch of the profile & content uploads. Users should create & release more content after their account is upgraded to a pro one so that more genuine data is gathered & can be analyzed.
The TikTok analytics dashboard is basically divided into three categories that one can toggle between to obtain the required analysis. They are:
There are different metrics available in TikTok analytics to measure the performance of your organic content. These metrics are available on both desktop and mobile when you navigate to the appropriate analytics tabs.
TikTok analytics access points on desktop and mobile are:
The first screen you will see when you open your TikTok analytics dashboard is the Overview tab. Here, you will find all your account's activity over the last 7 days. This includes the total number of video views as well. Additionally, you will find the total number of followers you have and how many followers you have gained or lost over the past week.
You can toggle the date range to include TikTok analytics from the last 28 or 60 days. This will help you to see your top-performing videos. Analyzing your top-performing videos can provide valuable insight into planning what content you can share in the future.
Image Source: Twitter
You will find the following metrics in the Overview tab:
- Video views: The number of views your videos have received. Video view is a general gauge of how many people are watching your videos on a daily to weekly basis.
- Profile views: The number of people viewing your profile over a selected period of time. Profile views will help to determine if your audience is interested in your brand after watching your content.
- Likes: Total number of likes a video of yours has received.
- Comments: Total number of comments your video has received from your audience.
- Shares: Total number of accounts that have shared your videos.
The Content tab shows TikTok analytics related to your content. It provides a deeper understanding of the videos you are posting, including the number of likes & comments per video. This tab will also provide insights on how many times your videos have been shared & where your audience found your videos.
Image Source: Social Media Examiner
The Content tab displays a detailed insight into your individual videos, including:
- Trending videos: The top nine videos on your account in terms of viewership & growth. You can easily leverage these videos by reposting them to gain additional views or sharing them on other social platforms.
- Total video views: How many times a video has been viewed.
- Total like count of a post: The number of likes a video has received.
- Total number of comments: The number of comments a video has received.
- Total shares: How many times has a video been shared.
- Total play time: The total time viewers have spent watching a specific video. You can compare one video's play time to others & find out the average time spent by people watching your videos.
Average watch time: The average time users spend watching a particular video. This metric reveals how well you are holding your audience's attention.
- Watched full video: How many times has a video been watched fully.
- Reached audience: Total number of users who have watched your video.
- Video views by section: Shows where people discovered your video. This metric informs from where you can better source your traffic & will also tell you how well hashtags or sounds worked in gaining additional views.
- Video views by region: Shows the top locations of your video viewers.
The Followers tab gives you a rundown of TikTok analytics related to your followers. You will need at least 100 followers before this tab can show you any prevalent data. This tab indicates the current number of followers you have. It also includes a graph illustrating the number of followers you have lost or gained over the past week.
Image Source: Shopify
The metrics within the Followers tab include:
- Gender: Displays the breakdown of your followers by gender.
- Top territories: Shows the countries your followers are in. You can leverage this metric if you are doing a local promotion event.
- Follower activity: Shows the day and time when your followers are most active on the platform. You can use this metric to determine when it's the best time to post on TikTok.
- Videos your followers watched: This metric allows you to understand where else your followers are viewing videos. You can use this metric to gain some inspiration from other creators' videos & find accounts to collaborate with.
- Sounds your followers listened to: Usually, trends on TikTok are related to the sounds heard on videos. Trending sounds change fast, but if you are planning to use a popular sound in your videos, you should do it quickly for maximum exposure.
The LIVE tab provides you with TikTok analytics & historical insights about your live videos in the last 7 or 28 days. You wouldn't be able to see any stats here if you didn't go live in these periods.
This tab includes the following data:
- Total views: The total number of times your live videos have been viewed in the selected date range.
- Total time: Total time spent hosting live videos in the selected period.
- New followers: The total number of new followers your account has gained while you were hosting live videos during the selected period.
- Top viewer count: The highest number of viewers present at once during your live videos in the selected date range.
- Unique viewers: The total number of viewers who have watched your live videos at least one time.
- Diamonds: The total number of diamonds earned by you while hosting live videos in the selected date range.
Diamonds are a sort of virtual gift. Your viewers can send diamonds to you during your live videos. Virtual gifts, including diamonds, can later be exchanged for money through TikTok. Only creators who are 18 years or older can receive such gifts.
Using hashtag analytics, you can find the data like how many videos with a certain hashtag have been watched. This TikTok analytics can be very useful as you can see which hashtags are the most popular & use them in your videos. This way, you can ensure to follow the latest TikTok trends &, perhaps, even create new trending videos or start some new TikTok hashtag challenges.
To check hashtag analytics, type the hashtag you wish to check in the Discover tab. The number of views that hashtag has received & even some related hashtags will appear.
Image Source: Brand24
7 Tips To Thrive On TikTok With TikTok Analytics
The key to your success on TikTok lies in understanding TikTok analytics. The information provided by TikTok analytics will allow you to know what type of content works best for your page. This way, you can effectively organize the following strategies to thrive on TikTok.
Use Popular Sounds For Your Videos
While starting the trend is hard, don't hesitate to follow the current trends if you want to appeal to your audience's interests. Using TikTok analytics, find out what sounds your followers listen to the most & create videos around the same sound. By doing so, there are good chances that you will boost your views and engagement & perhaps gain new followers if your video goes viral.
Image Source: Shopify
Create Videos Based On What Your Audience Enjoys To Watch
Using TikTok analytics, you can access the videos that your followers have watched. From this metric, you will get valuable data on the types of content your audience enjoys watching the most. This data will provide you with the opportunity to create other videos matching what your audience enjoys. These TikTok analytics will also get you information on what makes the video go viral & will inspire you to be the next one to come up with viral content.
Use Trending Hashtags
After you create new videos, don't forget to mark them with hashtags. Use hashtags that are related to your content, allowing your videos to be viewed by anyone who's searching with specific hashtags. You can also use trending hashtags, but ensure your content is related to those trending hashtags.
Discover the best hashtags for your videos using TikTok analytics. Using appropriate hashtags in your videos guarantees your content gains more views, gets greater reach, & even gains new followers. TikTok creators often use hashtags in their videos that reflect their content which, in turn, enables them to reach the right audience.
Know more about Top TikTok Hashtags To Get On The For You Page
Image Source: Metricool
Participate In TikTok Trends
You need to be quick to jump on the bandwagon & participate in the trends you resonate with using TikTok analytics. One way to learn about the trending content is to go on the For You page. If you are viewing the same kind of content over & over again while scrolling through the For You page, you will know that the content is trending.
Immediately grab the opportunity by jumping on the trend & recreate it to match your niche. You can even ask your audience to recreate it or simply ask them something related to your video; this will help to boost your TikTok engagement.
Image Source: Social Media Examiner
Actively Engage With Your Followers
After you have gathered data from TikTok analytics, you should pay more attention to your followers. Apply all strategies based on the audience data that you gather from the TikTok analytics & don't forget to interact with your followers.
Take good care of your followers by responding to them. Any strategies to grow on TikTok won't work without intense interaction with your followers. Engaging with your audience actively is one of the most essential strategies to grow your TikTok engagement.
TikTok analytics provides detailed information on the interaction of your account. With the help of this data, your next actions to elevate your account becomes much easier since you know which part of your account you need to improve.
Serve A Specific Audience
It's no secret that TikTok has become huge. Given the massive size of the platform, it's quite easy to fall into the trap of creating content that will impress & interest as many users as possible. Unfortunately, that's a failing strategy. You should pick out a specific segment of the market & target those people specifically with your content when using TikTok for business.
TikTok analytics can help you find the segment of the audience that you should target. If you only watch your view metric and focus on growing it only, you may go astray with your strategy. Instead of focusing on the biggest possible audience, you should aim for an active audience that will stay with you for the long run.
Image Source: Social Media Examiner
Master Your Timing
The time of day & the day of the week you choose to post on TikTok will impact your videos' performance. There is no substitute for trial & error on this point. You can experiment with what timing works best for your audience.
TikTok Analytics can even help you find the day and time when your audience is most active. Once you nail down a time and day when your videos can get in front of as many people as possible, you should be consistent with posting at that time.
Measure Your Social Performance
Understanding TikTok analytics helps improve your content performance by publishing videos your audience finds attractive. If you want to turbocharge your business on this fun social platform using the TikTok analytics feature is a crucial step.
Now that you know how to navigate through the TikTok analytics dashboard, it's time to ensure you keep a constant eye on the rest of your social platforms as well. It can be challenging & time-consuming to combine data from multiple native analytics across every social platform.
That's where you can use a tool like Statusbrew Reports Lab to keep the analytics of other social platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & LinkedIn all in one place when it's time for reporting.
Sounds interesting? Book a free demo today 👇
Statusbrew is an all in one social media management tool that supports Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and even Google My Business.