Talk about a way to express oneself or get public opinion and Instagram Notes would be there to help. The Instagram Notes update was globally rolled out on December 13, 2022 but little do users know about its full capabilities although a few smart users are sharing their thoughts or putting forward their views on trendy topics. If you think that’s the whole point of it, you need to read on.
If you haven’t posted your first note or are looking to make the utmost use of the Notes feature, then this guide will help you. By the end of this short piece, you’ll learn everything about Instagram Notes including the several use cases of this feature (plus some amazing Notes ideas you can steal without credits 👻).
Before we begin, let’s take a quick overview of the contents of this blog.
- What Instagram Notes Really Are?
- 10+ Ways To Use Instagram Notes
- Who Are Instagram Notes For?
- How To Create An Instagram Note?
- 100+ Instagram Notes Ideas [Funny, Witty, Unpopular, And More]
- That’s A Wrap!
- Frequently Asked Questions
You can directly jump to a section of your choice or keep scrolling.
What Instagram Notes Really Are?
Instagram Notes are crisp notes to share your thoughts with your followers and Close Friends in your Instagram Inbox. In an essence, you can call Instagram Notes the new “penny for your thought”! The feature is analogous to WhatsApp’s text status but with much fewer characters.
You can create a note of up to 60 characters and share it with the followers and friends of your choice. The note will appear at the top of their inbox for 24 hours, much like a Story.
10+ Ways To Use Instagram Notes
Most IG users have been using Instagram Notes the boring way. You will be surprised to know how creatively you can use this feature and establish meaningful connections with your followers. Here are some ways to use Instagram Notes:
- Share what you’re up to
- Ask for public opinion on a topic
- Ask for recommendations
- Share a joke or pun
- Share life updates
- Share a meaningful quote
- Share a gibberish
- Share your views on a trendy topic
- Emoji-only note for others to decode
- Offers and discounts announcements
- Direct followers to your Stories
Who Are Instagram Notes For?
Instagram Notes is for anyone but for those who want massive reach. You can share notes only with followers whom you follow back and with your Close Friends. This makes the feature almost futile for businesses.
However, if you are an independent creator or small business and constantly engage with your followers via DMs or Story responses, then Notes can help you establish connections with them.
Now that you know enough about IG Notes, let’s create one!
How To Create An Instagram Note?
Creating an Instagram Note is as simple as it gets. Launch your IG app and follow the below steps.
Step 1: On your Instagram home, swipe left and open the Inbox
Step 2: On the top left, tap on “Leave a note” or the "+" icon
Step 3: Add a note of up to 60 characters in the text field
Step 4: Choose who you want to share the note with by selecting “Followers you follow back” or “Close friends”
Step 5: Hit Share on the top right corner of the screen. Voila! You can view your new note in your Inbox.
100+ Cool Instagram Notes Ideas
- Instagram Notes Ideas For Small Businesses
- Instagram Notes Ideas For Anyone
- Funny One-liner Instagram Notes Ideas
- Witty One-Liner Instagram Notes Ideas
- Unpopular Opinion Instagram Notes ideas
- Self-care Instagram Notes Ideas
Instagram Notes Ideas For Small Businesses
- New drop at 7pm
- What do you want in the next drop?
- Sourcing items. Any guesses?
- Valentine’s Day Special drop
- 24-hour sale!
- Price drop. Hurry up!
- Quote your price for the items on Stories
- Early bird offer
- $5 sale is live!
Instagram Notes Ideas For Anyone
- Wanna talk?
- Add me to Close friends list
- Anybody awake
- Be spiritually active
- Traveling to Paris
- Anyone from Vancouver?
- Novak >>>> everyone
- New beginnings
- Movie tonight?
- Ask me anything
- Binge watching
- Netflix and chill
- On battery-saver mode now
- It’s 4 am. Why am I still awake?
- Netflix suggestions anyone?
- Going live at 21:00 tonight
- Taco Bell is overrated
- "Don't stop believin"
- "All you need is love"
- "I want to hold your hand"
- "It's my life, it's now or never"
- "I'm on the edge of Glory"
- A group of flamingoes is called a flamboyance
- Vulnerability is a strength, not a weakness
Funny One-liner Instagram Notes Ideas
- I went to buy some camo pants but didn’t find any
- It takes a lot of balls to play bowling the way I do
- The last thing I’d do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list
- The rotation of the Earth really makes my day
- It’s insane how we ignore the the second the by nature
- Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!
- What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta!
- Why don't ants get sick? Because they have tiny ant-bodies!
- Why did the coffee file a police report? It got mugged!
- What's brown and sticky? A stick.
- Why did the cookie go to the doctor? Because it felt crummy.
- How do you organize a space party? You planet!
Witty One-Liner Instagram Notes Ideas
- I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right.
- I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
- I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
- I'm not lazy, I'm just conserving my energy.
- I'm not short, I'm just concentrated awesome.
- I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.
- I'm not a morning person, I'm a coffee person.
- I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why you're wrong.
- I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy-saving mode.
- I'm not sarcastic, I'm just fluent in smartass.
- I'm not old, I'm just chronologically gifted.
- I'm not a morning person, I'm a breakfast enthusiast.
- I'm not a perfectionist, I just have high standards.
- I'm not lost, I'm just taking the scenic route.
Unpopular Opinion Instagram Notes ideas
- Pineapple does not belong on pizza.
- Dogs are better than cats.
- Friends is an awful TV show.
- Salad is overrated.
- Harry Potter is overrated.
- Avocado toast is not worth the hype.
- iPhones are overrated.
- Ketchup is gross.
- La Croix is not a good drink.
- PB&J sandwiches are underrated.
- Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth.
- The Beatles are overrated.
- NFL is boring to watch.
- New Year's Eve is always overrated.
- Summer is not the best season.
- Coffee is overrated.
- The Office is not a good TV show.
- Sushi is overrated.
- Country music is not good.
- Reality TV is trash.
- Coffee is better than tea.
- College is not necessary for success.
- Money can buy happiness.
- Video games are a waste of time.
- Running is the best form of exercise.
Self-care Instagram Notes Ideas
- Take a deep breath and let go of tension
- Drink a glass of water to hydrate
- Stretch your body to relieve stress
- Take a relaxing bath or shower
- Practice mindfulness or meditation
- Go for a walk or spend time in nature
- Indulge in a hobby or creative activity
- Write in a journal to express your feelings
- Take a nap or get enough sleep
- Treat yourself to your favorite food or drink
- Practice yoga or other physical activity
- Listen to calming music or sounds
- Practice self-compassion and forgive yourself
- Spend time with loved ones or pets
- Say no to things that drain your energy.
That’s A Wrap!
Instagram Notes are a fun way to connect with your loyal followers and close friends. It’s time to put your creative hat on and craft some beautiful notes for your connections. Take inspiration from the above ideas and start creating your first note.
If you’re a creator or small business owner, Instagram Notes can be a game changer. Gathering content ideas, updating about your business, and promoting products and offers are just a few use cases to boost your Instagram engagement with notes. While this may not really bring a drastic change to your account reach, it will certainly send a signal to Instagram’s algorithm that you care about your followers.
Are you losing your sleep over poor engagement on your Instagram posts? Have you resorted to all the ways and still couldn’t see any improvement in likes, comments, saves, and shares? It’s time you get serious and consider Statusbrew to manage your Instagram.
You may not know but chances are your social media strategy could be the reason for the sorry state of your IG engagement. Have you given a closer look into your audience demography? Are you posting at the right time on Instagram when your audience is the most active? These factors may be keeping you from achieving IG success.
Statusbrew’s detailed reports give you meaningful insights into your audience, posts & stories performance, and over 200 metrics to better analyze your social portfolio. Try the feature today and use it to your advantage.
Statusbrew is an all-in-one social media management tool that supports Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and even Google My Business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions about Instagram notes:
Why don't I have Instagram notes?
A few reasons why you might not have Instagram Notes:
- You're not using the latest version of Instagram
- You're not using a professional account
- Your activity status is turned off
How to get notes on Instagram?
To create a note on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the Messages icon.
- Tap your profile photo at the top of your chat list and type your Note in the "Share what's on your mind..." field.
- Select who you want to share your Note with and tap Share.
What happens when you create a new note on Instagram?
When you create a new Instagram note, the replaces the older one To create another note, tap on the existing note icon in your Inbox on the top left and select Leave a new note.
How to delete an Instagram note?
To delete an Instagram note, tap on the existing note icon in your Inbox on the top left and select Delete note.
How many characters are allowed in Instagram Notes?
Instagram Notes allow you to share messages with text and emojis up to 60 characters long.
How to add close friends on Instagram?
To add close friends on Instagram, go to your profile and tap the hamburger menu on the top right. Select Close Friends and choose the friends you want to add from the Suggested list. Hit Done and your Close Friends list will be updated.
Where can I view replies to Notes?
People can reply to your notes and you can view them in your Inbox.
Will people get notified when I share a note on Instagram?
No, Instagram doesn't notify people when you leave a note. It will appear at the top of their inbox.