Imagine this: You took so much effort into creating the best posts with images for your socials. What if only 3/4th of the post is visible because you didn't optimize your social media post sizes based on social media platforms?
Are you tired of trying to keep track of every social media image sizes?
Do you need help optimizing social media post sizes based on platforms?
Are you not sure about the dimensions of social media posts?
Get your social media image sizes for posts, cover photos, and videos for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, Tumbler, and many more networks in this guide.
Importance Of Social Media Image Sizes
If you have ever developed visual content for any social media channels, you indubitably might have had the experience of the visual seeming distorted on the network. Not many are aware of the importance of social media post sizes and the role they play.
You might as well upload the "perfect graphic" to find out if it looks good on Instagram and not on YouTube. It is because social media image sizes vary from one platform to the other.
We understand your pain. We have been there, done that, actually, too many times. Social media image sizes are a significant reason we created this guide to help you know about the perfect dimension on many social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, Tumbler, and TikTok.
Let's get started!
- Facebook Image Sizes 2023
- Instagram Image Sizes 2023
- Twitter Image Sizes 2023
- LinkedIn Image Sizes 2023
- TikTok Image Sizes 2023
- YouTube Image Sizes 2023
- Pinterest Image Sizes 2023
- Snapchat Image Sizes 2023
- Tumblr Image Sizes 2023
- Free Social Media Image Sizes 2023 Cheatsheet
You can directly jump to a section of your choice or keep scrolling.
Facebook Image Sizes 2023
Facebook post sizes presumably have more different visual possibilities than any other social media channel. Hence, properly designing your graphic elements can take time and effort.
In addition to timeline photos, you will likely need to develop cover images, profile images, and videos. You may even be required to create stories and reels.
Facebook is a unique social platform because it features different types of media for which you may need to design assets properly. Here are Facebook post sizes and video size dimensions:
Facebook Image Size: Profile Photo
Facebook Profile Photo Image Size: 320 x 320 pixels
The recommended size for a Facebook profile picture is 320 x 320 pixels. It displays at 176 x 176 on desktop, 196 x 196 on smartphones, and 36 x 36 on feature phones.
The recommended size for posts and timeline photos is 720, 980, 2048 pixels width and the corresponding height in pixels.
Facebook Image Size: Cover Photo
Facebook Cover Photo Image Size: 851 x 315 pixels
The recommended image size for Facebook cover photos is 851 x 315 pixels. It displays at 820 x 312 on desktop and 640 x 360 on smartphones. The ideal file size for faster loading should be less than 100 KB. To avoid any compression, you should upload an sRBGB JPG file of dimensions 851 x 315 pixels.
Facebook Events Cover Image Size: 1200 x 628 pixels
For a Facebook Event cover, the recommended dimensions are 1200 x 628 pixels and at the aspect ratio of 2:1.
The recommended image size for a feed post with a link is 1080 x 1350 pixels. Such a post displays at 479 x 246 pixels on a desktop and a minimum of 320 pixels width on smartphones.
Facebook Group Cover Image Size: 1640 x 856 pixels
It is recommended to upload a group cover photo at 1640 x 856 pixels. The ideal aspect ratio is 1.91:1.
Facebook Image Size: Stories and Stories Ad
Facebook Stories Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
The recommended image size for Facebook Stories is 1080 x 1920 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 9:16. Also, leave 14% (or 250 px) of the top and bottom text-free since your brand's profile photo will cover it.
Messenger Stories Ads Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
For the Messenger Stories ads, the ideal image size is 1080 x 1920 pixels at an aspect ratio of 9:16.
Facebook Image Size: Ads
The recommended image size for Facebook ads is at least 1080 x 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1 to 1:1. It supports ratios from 1.91:1 to 4:5. If you include a link, use stock images, or launch an Offer ad, you will be limited to a ratio of 1.91:1.
For Instant articles, the recommended image size is 1200 x 1200 pixels which means a 1:1 aspect ratio.
For the images in Right Column, the minimum image size is 254 x 133 pixels, while images with dimensions 1200 x 1200 pixels are recommended.
The image size for a Marketplace Ad for images with a link is the same as Instant Articles, i.e. 1200 x 1200 pixels at a 1:1 aspect ratio.
The recommended image size for Messenger Inbox is 1200 x 1200 pixels at 1:1 aspect ratio.
For Sponsored Message, you can use an image with 1200 x 628 pixels dimensions.
Recommended Facebook Post Sizes
- Facebook Cover image: 851 x 315 px | maximum 100 KB
- Facebook Profile image: 320 x 320 px
- Facebook Event Cover image: 1220 x 628 px
- Facebook Images In Link Shares: 1200 x 630 px
- Facebook Video: 1280 x 720 px
- Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes
- Facebook Ad: 1200 x 628 px
- Facebook Video ad: 1080 x 1350 px (ratio 4:5), 1080 x 1080 px (at least), supported ratios are from 16:9 to 9:16
- Facebook Story ad: 1080 x 1920 px
- Facebook Group cover image: 1640 x 856 px (or 1.91:1 ratio)
- Facebook Messenger image ad: 1200 x 628 px
- Facebook Reels: 1080 × 1350 px (ratio 4:5)
- Messenger Stories ad: 1080 x 1920 px
- Supported image file types: PNG, JPG, or GIF
Suggestion: The audience of social media has a very short attention span. Hence, it's recommended to keep your Facebook videos short. Despite having a maximum video length of 240 minutes, keeping your video lengths as short as 15 seconds is recommended.
Instagram Image Sizes 2023
Instagram has rapidly become the social network of choice for people with a strong visual sense. The platform is particularly popular in design, beauty, food, and fitness niches.
Probably, Instagram is the most popular platform for influencer marketing.
Instagram Reels and Stories may be getting the most attention these days, but still you can easily get likes, saves, and shares with static imagery by using available filters to your advantage.
Instagram provides you the option to post images in three different orientations, i.e., square, landscape, and portrait. You need to pick the right Instagram post image based on your brand and get creative with it.
Although Instagram was started purely as a photo-sharing platform, the app has continued to evolve throughout its existence. Though images will likely continue to have a place on the platform, Instagram executives have decided to focus on enhancing the platform as a video-sharing app. Your ability to create compelling videos will likely determine your success on the app.
Here are Instagram's current image and video sizes:
Instagram Image Size: Profile Photo
Instagram Profile Photo Image Size: 320 x 320 Pixels
An Instagram profile picture is displayed at 110 x 100 pixels. However, the upload size is 320 x 320 pixels. We recommend keeping the elements that need focus in the center of the photo cropped out.
The recommended size thumbnail display is 161 x 161 pixels. However, the remcommended upload size is 1080 pixels width and the corresponding height.
Instagram Image Size: Feed Photos
Instagram Feed Photos Image Size: 1080 x 1080 Pixels
The recommended image sizes for Instagram Feed photos for different orientations are as follows:
- Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels at 1.91:1 aspect ratio
- Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels at 1:1 aspect ratio
- Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels at 4:5 aspect ratio
If you upload an image that is of a different ratio, the platform automatically crops your image to fit a supported ratio.
Instagram Image Size: Carousel Photos
Instagram Carousel Photos Image Size: 1080 x 1080 Pixels
The recommended image sizes for Instagram Carousel photos for different orientations are mentioned below:
- Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels at 1.91:1 aspect ratio
- Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels at 1:1 aspect ratio
- Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels at 4:5 aspect ratio
Instagram Image Size: Stories
Instagram Stories Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
The recommended image size for Instagram Stories is 1080 x 1920 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 9:16. For the cover photo, it's recommended to create an image with 420 x 654 pixels. The dimensions are the same for Story ads, IGTV, and Reels.
Instagram Image Sizes: Ads
Instagram Ads Image Sizes: 1080 x 1080 Pixels
The recommended image size for Instagram ads is:
- Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels
- Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels
Instagram Video Size
Instagram Video Sizes: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
Here are the minimum dimensions for Instagram videos for different orientations:
- Square: 600 x 600 pixels
- Landscape: 600 x 315 pixels
- Portrait: 600 x 750 pixels
The recommended dimensions for Instagram video carousels are 600 x 700 pixels.
The maximum file size for Instagram videos that are less than or up to 10 minutes is 650MB. For videos up to 60 minutes, the maximum file size is 3.6GB. You can upload videos with aspect ratio between 1.91:1 and 9:16.
Recommended Instagram Image Sizes
- Instagram Profile picture: 320 x 320 px
- Instagram Shared photo: 1080 x 1080 px
- Instagram Shared video: 1080 px wide
- Instagram Stories: 1080 x 1920 px | maximum 4 GB
- Minimum Instagram video: 600 x 600 px (square), 600 x 315 px (landscape), 600 x 750 px (portrait), 600 x 700 px (Carousel video dimensions)
- Minimum Instagram image ad: 500 px wide
- Instagram Ads size: 1080 x 566 px (landscape), 1080 x 1080 px (square)
- Instagram IGTV video: 1080 x 1920 px
- Supported image file types: PNG or JPG
Note: For the profile picture, you will see 110 x 100 px size on the mobile app. However, on a web browser, the Instagram resolution is slightly larger. This is why it is best to have bigger image sizes, around 320 x 320 pixels.
Suggestion: It is recommended that when posting on Facebook and Instagram, you should use square and vertical formats for both organic and paid. Since most people browse these channels on their phones, it maximizes your post's space in the feeds.
Twitter Image Sizes 2023
Striking images are the key to making your Tweets stand out in a fast-paced Twitter newsfeed. So, the most you need is the Twitter post sizes.
Twitter claims that its purpose is to “serve the public conversation.” Twitter is a channel that is primarily driven by text and opinions.
However, it has allowed the inclusion of visual elements. Now, if you want to make a significant splash on Twitter. Knowing how to make an impact visually and with the written word is essential. Here are Twitter’s current image and video sizes:
Twitter Image Size: Profile Photo
Twitter Profile Photo Image Size: 400 x 400 Pixels
A Twitter profile picture is displayed at 400 x 400 pixels. The maximum file size is 2MB.
Twitter Image Size: Header Photo
Twitter Header Photo Image Size: 1500 x 500 Pixels
The recommended image size for Twitter Header photos is 1500 x 500 pixels with an aspect ratio of 3:1.
Twitter Image Size: In-Stream
Twitter In-Stream Image Size: 1600 x 900 Pixels
The recommended image size for Twitter single In-Stream images is 1600 x 900 pixels. The supported formats include GIF, JPG & PNG.
The recommended image size for each image in 2 In-Stream Photos is 1400 x 1600 pixels.
The recommended image size in 3 In-Stream Photos is 1400 x 1600 pixels for the image on the left and 1400 x 800 pixels for the images stacked on the right.
The recommended image size for each image in 4 In-Stream Photos is 400 x 200 pixels.
Twitter Image Sizes: Live
Twitter Live Image Size: 1280 x 720 Pixels
Twitter Image Sizes: Ads
Twitter Ads Image Sizes: 800 x 800 Pixels
The recommended image size for Twitter ads:
- Single and multi-image tweets: 600 x 335 px
- Website card image: 800 x 418 px (1.91:1 aspect ratio), 800 x 800 px (1:1 aspect ratio)
- App card image: 800 x 800 px (1:1 aspect ratio), 800 x 418 px (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
- Carousels: 800 x 800 px (1:1 aspect ratio), 800 x 418 px (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
- Video carousels: 800 x 450 pixels for 16:9 aspect ratio, 800 x 800 pixels for 1:1 aspect ratio
- Direct Message card: 800 x 418 px (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
- Conversation card: 800 x 418 px (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
Twitter has 5 types of Image ads. Check out the below infographic for details of each.
Twitter Image Sizes: Video Ads
Twitter Video Ads Sizes: 800 x 450 Pixels
The recommended Twitter video ads sizes are 800 x 450 pixels for lanndscape video ads and 800 x 800 pixels for square video ads.
There are 5 types of Twitter video ads as detailed in the below infographic:
Twitter Image Sizes: Twitter Cards
Following are the dimensions for 4 types of Twitter Cards:
- Summary Card: 300 x 157 pixels at 2:1 aspect ratio
- Summary Card with large image: Minimum 300 x 157 pixels, Maximum 4096 x 4096 pixels at 2:1 aspect ratio
- App Card: 800 x 800 pixels
- Player Card: Width & height of iFrame specified in Twitter:player in pixels
Twitter Image Sizes: Twitter Amplify
The recommended size for Twitter Amplify Pre-Roll video is 1200 pixels and the same size is recommended for Amplify Sponsorships. The maximum file size is 1GB and MP4 and MOV files are supported.
Recommended Twitter Image Sizes
- Twitter Profile photo: 400 x 400 px | maximum 2 MB
- Twitter Cover/Header photo: 1500 x 500 px | maximum 5 MB
- Twitter Timeline/In-stream photo: 1600 x 900 px
- Twitter Card image: 120 x 120 px
- Twitter Video: 720 x 720 px (square), 1280 x 720 px (landscape), 720 x 1280 px (portrait)
- Twitter Video length: 140 seconds maximum
- Twitter Ad (image): 800 x 418 px (for website card), 800 x 800 px (for carousels), 800 x 800 px (for app card image), 800 x 418 px (for direct message card), 800 x 418 px (for conversation card)
- Twitter Ad (video): 800 x 450 px (landscape), 800 x 800 px (square)
- Supported image file types: JPG, WEBP, GIF, or PNG
Suggestion: Infographics that contain a lot of information and are easy to read can be a useful visual tactic for brands to increase engagement on Twitter.
LinkedIn Image Sizes 2023
In addition to creating a meaningful network and building credibility, a professionally designed LinkedIn profile can be an invaluable asset for a brand and individual.
LinkedIn is all about creating meaningful connections and furthering one’s career. Because of this, thought leadership is of prime importance on a channel like LinkedIn.
But this does not mean that attractive and inviting visuals cannot accompany great thoughts. Like other social media platforms, visual storytelling has become more critical in recent years on LinkedIn.
Here are LinkedIn’s current image and video sizes:
LinkedIn Image Size: Profile Photo
LinkedIn Profile Photo Image Size: 400 x 400 Pixels
Although the recommended image size for a LinkedIn profile photo is 400 x 400 pixels, the platform can accommodate pictures up to 7680 x 4320 pixels. The maximum file size is 8MB.
LinkedIn Image Size: Profile Cover Photo
LinkedIn Profile Cover Photo Image Size: 1584 x 396 Pixels
LinkedIn Profile Cover Photos' recommended image size is 1584 x 396 pixels with an aspect ratio of 4:1. Since LinkedIn cover photos are cropped differently on desktop & mobile, view your profile on both devices before finalizing your cover photo.
LinkedIn Company Pages Image Sizes
- Logo image size: 400 x 400 pixels
- Page cover image size: 1128 x 191 pixels
- Life tab main image size: 1128 x 376 pixels
- Life tab custom modules image size: 502 x 282 pixels
- Life tab company photos image size: 900 x 600 pixels
- Square logo size: 60 x 60 pixels (atleast)
Video on LinkedIn Page Image size
The recommended dimensions for a video on LonkedIn page are 256 x 144 pixels to 4096 x 2304 pixels. The maximum file size is 5GB while the file should be no lesser than 75KB.
LinkedIn Image In Articles
For the LinkedIn image in articles, the recommended image size is 1280 x 720 pixels.
LinkedIn Stories Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
The recommended image size for LinkedIn stories is 1080 x 1920 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 9:16. The supported file types are JPG & PNG.
LinkedIn Images Size: Blog Post Link
LinkedIn Blog Post Link Images Size: 1200 x 627 Pixels (recommended)
LinkedIn Custom Image Size While Sharing A Link In An Update: 1200 x 627 Pixels (Recommended)
When you paste a URL into an update, a thumbnail image may appear in the preview which is auto-generated along with the article or website title if one is available.
But, it is customizable by clicking the Image icon below the text box. You can then select an image from your computer.
LinkedIn Images Size: Organic Page
The recommended image size for LinkedIn organic page post image is 1200 x 628 pixels and thatv for page post link with blog is 1200 x 627 pixels at 1.91:1 aspect ratio.
LinkedIn Image Sizes: Ads
LinkedIn Ads Image Sizes: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
The recommended image sizes for LinkedIn ads are as follows:
- Company logo size for ads: 100 x 100 px
- Spotlight ads logo size: 100 x 100 px
- Linkedin video ads size: Minimum 360 x 450 pixels and maximum 1536 x 1920 pixels at 4:5 aspect ratio (vertical); minimum 360 x 640 pixels and maximum 1080 x 1920 pixels at 9:16 aspect ratio (vertical); minimum 360 x 360 pixels and maximum 1920 x 1920 pixels at 1:1 aspect ratio (square); minimum 640 x 360 pixels and maximum 1920 x 1080 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio (landscape)
- LinkedIn Single Image ads: 1200 x 628 pixels is recommended, minimum 640 x 360 pixels and maximum 7680 x 4320 pixels at 1.91:1 aspect ratio
- Event ads image size: Images with aspect ratio 4:1 are recommended and the image will be pulled out from the Event poge.
- Sponsored content images size: 1200 x 627 px (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
- Sponsored content carousel images size: 1080 x 1080 px (1:1 aspect ratio)
LinkedIn Image Sizes Cheat Sheet
LinkedIn Company pages
- Company logo: 300 x 300 px
- Company cover photo: 1128 x 191 px
- Dynamic Ads: 100 x 100 px (company logo)
- Sponsored Content image: 1200 x 627 px
- Hero Image: 1128 x 376 px
- Company Banner image: 646 x 220 px
- Supported image file types: PNG, JPG or GIF
- Slideshare file size limit: 100 MB
LinkedIn Personal pages
- LinkedIn Profile picture: 400 x 400 px
- LinkedIn Background photo: 1584 x 396 px
- LinkedIn Post image: 1200 x 1200 px (square) 1080 x 1350 px (portrait)
- LinkedIn Link post: 1200 x 628 px
- LinkedIn Video: 256 x 144 px (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 px (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes when uploading from LinkedIn mobile app and 15 minutes when uploading from a desktop
Suggestion: Aim for sharp and high-resolution images on LinkedIn. Use your images and videos of real estate to showcase your company’s best qualities if recruitment is one of your goals.
TikTok Image Sizes 2023
TikTok is a social media platform rapidly growing in popularity among millennials.
The app accommodates vertical videos, which is suitable for those with mobile-first content strategies. To reach this audience, it’s important to know the correct image sizes for TikTok.
For people who want to make a TikTok video, the biggest challenge is how to show their videos the best. They often ask what should be the best size for their TikTok video so their users can see it clearly and load very quickly. This means that their size should be known, and with it, they should also know how many maximum or minimum MB of videos can be uploaded on TikTok.
TikTok Image Size: Profile Photo
TikTok Profile Photo Size: 20 x 20 Pixels
TikTok Video Dimensions: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
Mostly, vertical videos are preferred on TikTok. You can also upload horizontal videos if you want. TikTok video dimensions should be 1080 x 1920 pixels, and the video must use the entire canvas.
Your TikTok video should have a margin of 150 pixels from the top and bottom and 64 pixels from the left and right sides. TikTok supports an aspect ratio of 9:16. The file has to be in a .mp4 or a .mov file format.
TikTok Video Maximum Size
If you upload the video from an Android device on TikTok, then you can upload videos up to 72 MB. If you upload videos from iOS devices, then you can upload videos up to 287.6 MB.
Length Of TikTok Videos: 10 minutes
TikTok expanded the maximum video length to 10 minutes from 3 minutes. You can also use captions in TikTok videos.
TikTok Video Ads Sizes
The reocmmended video dimensions are as follows:
- Portrait: 720 x 1280 pixels
- Landscape: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Square: 640 x 640 pixels
Recommended TikTok Image Sizes
- TikTok Profile photo size: 20 x 20 px (minimum), JPG, PNG
- TikTok Video size: 1080 x 1920, maximum 10 minutes
- TikTok In-feed Ad Video aspect ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9
- TikTok Video Ads size: 720 x 1280 px, 640 x 640 px, 1280 x 720 px
Suggestion: TikTok Influencers offer brands a way to reach younger audiences without having their own presence on the platform. Such Influencers have a deep understanding of TikTok’s functionality. They can help you create content composed of the latest trends.
YouTube Image Sizes 2023
Video is big business, and there’s more likely that you publish video content today without leveraging YouTube.
The platform sees an average of 151 and 185 million monthly users search monthly. It encompasses a broad collection of content which is an excellent opportunity to get your videos in front of a large & growing global audience.
YouTube says that its mission is to “give everyone a voice and show them the world.” It has been the leading platform that allows content creators and brands to create and share videos.
While other social platforms distribute a variety of image and video options, YouTube is exclusively focused on video content.Just because YouTube is focused on video content does not mean there aren’t various formats and sizes in which these videos can be developed.
Marketers need to meet the video requirements to perform well on YouTube and stand out in the crowd. Here are YouTube’s current image and video sizes:
YouTube Image Size: Profile Photo
YouTube Profile Photo Image Size: 800 x 800 Pixels
The recommended image size for a YouTube profile photo is 800 x 800 pixels. For best results, make sure the focus of your photo is centered.
YouTube Image Size: Banner
YouTube Banner Image Size: 2048 x 1152 Pixels
The recommended image size for the YouTube banner is 2048 x 1152 with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The maximum file size allowed is 6MB.
YouTube Image Size: Video Thumbnail
YouTube Video Thumbnail Image Size: 1280 x 720 Pixels
The recommended image size for the YouTube video thumbnail is 1280 x 720 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
YouTube Video Size
YouTube Video Size: 1280 x 720 Pixels
The recommended image size for a YouTube video is the same as the thumbnail size, i.e. 1280 x 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio.
YouTube Ads Size
YouTube Video Size: 1280 x 720 Pixels at 720p
YouTube Shorts Size
YouTube Shorts Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
The recommended video size for YouTube Shorts is 1080 x 1920 pixels at aspect ratio 9:16. If you want to upload square sized videos, the recommended size is 1080 x 1080 pixels.
Recommended YouTube Image Sizes
- Channel header image: 2560 x 1440 px (for desktop), 1855 x 423 px (for tablets), 1546 x 423 px (for smartphones), and 2560 x 1440 px (for TV)
- YouTube Display ads: 300 x 50 px
- YouTube Overlay ads: 480 x 70 px
- YouTube Companion banner ads: 300 x 250 px
- YouTube Skippable in-stream ads: 1280 x 720 px (720p)
- YouTube Skippable video ads length: 6 – 20 seconds
- YouTube Non-skippable video ads length: 12 seconds to 3 minutes (30 seconds is recommended)
- YouTube Channel profile photo: 800 x 800 px
- YouTube Video Thumbnail: 1280 x 720 px
- YouTube Supported image file types: PNG, JPG, GIF, or BMP
Suggestion: Posting videos on YouTube isn’t just about uploading content. You need to make your videos look attractive to be competitive and get much-needed clicks. For that, you will have to create catchy headlines and killer thumbnails.
Pinterest Image Sizes 2023
Pinterest is all about visuals.
It describes itself as a "visual discovery engine" where its users can easily find home decor ideas, how-tos, recipes, and other kinds of tips that inspire them.
Pinterest users who discover pins can like them and save them onto dedicated, personalized boards. This allows them to organize their inspiration and thoughts visually. How pins are designed and displayed on the platform is of prime importance to a brand that's trying to reach audiences. Here are Pinterest's visual sizes:
Pinterest Image Size: Profile Photo
Pinterest Profile Photo Image Size: 165 x 165 Pixels
The recommended image size for a Pinterest profile photo is 165 x 165 pixels.
Pinterest Image Size: Pins
For square pins, the recommended image size is 1000 x 1000 pixels and that for portrait pins is 1000 x 1500 pixels.
Pinterest Image Size : Profile Cover Photo
Pinterest Profile Cover Photo Image Size : 800 x 450 Pixels
The recommended image size for Pinterest Profile Cover Photo is 800 x 450.
Pinterest Image Sizes: Pins
Pinterest Pins Image Sizes: 1000 x 1500 Pixels
- Aspect ratio: 2:3
- Square pins: 1000 x 1000 pixels
- Max file size: 20 MB
- Supported file types: PNG & JPEG
Pinterest Image Size: Story Pins
Pinterest Story Pins Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
The recommended image size for Pinterest Story Pins is 1080 x 1920 pixels, which is an aspect ratio of 9:16. The maximum file size allowed is 20MB.
Pinterest Image Size: Board Cover
Pinterest Board Cover Image Size: 222 x 150 Pixels
Pinterest Ads Image Sizes 2023
The recommended image sizes for Pinterest ads:
- App install ads: 1000 x 1500 pixels, 2:3 aspect ratio
- Carousel ads & pins: 1000 x 1500 pixels or 1000 x 1000 pixels, 1:1 or 2:3 aspect ratio
- Shopping ads: 1000 x 1500 pixels, recommended 2:3 aspect ratio
You can add up to 5 images in a carousel.
Recommended Pinterest Image Sizes
- Pinterest Profile image: 165 x 165 px | maximum 10 MB
- Pinterest Cover image: 800 x 450 px
- Pinterest Board cover image: 222 x 150 px
- Pinterest Standard Pin: Vertical images 1000 x 1500 px
- Pinned image preview: 236 px
- Supported image file type: PNG, JPG or GIF
- Pinterest Video specs: square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16) Length: Minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
- Pinterest Promoted Video: square (1:1) or widescreen (16:9) Length: Minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
- Pinterest Promoted carousels: 2-5 images per carousel, aspect ratio: 1:1 or 2:3
Suggestion: You should think vertically with Pinterest images since this format is designed to fit tall images rather than wide ones.
Snapchat Image Sizes 2023
Snapchat initially popularized “stories” in the social media landscape. It still continues to be an in-demand messaging app.
Snapchat refers to itself as a “camera” company. But this hasn’t stopped content creators and advertisers from using the app to reach audiences and communicate with them.
As Snapchat does consider itself a camera company, it also means that content creators have endless ways to develop visual content on this platform to reach their potential audiences. Here are Snapchat’s image and video sizes:
Snapchat Image Size: Geofilter
Snapchat Geofilter Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
- Aspect ratio: 9:16
- Supported file type: JPEG or PNG
- Maximum file size: 5MB
Snapchat Image Size: Ads
Snapchat Ads Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels
- Aspect ratio: 9:16
- Supported file type: JPEG or PNG
- Maximum file size: 5 MB
Tumblr Image Sizes 2023
Before WordPress, Medium, or any other blogging platform, Tumblr was the way to go for micro-blogging your ideas. Tumblr lets you express yourself, upload photos and videos, and engage with other users who share similar interests.
Tumblr is a blogging social media platform. You can create new blog posts add post images and infographics, videos, and audio files to your profile. Tumblr is an interesting social network for businesses, entrepreneurs, and bloggers to showcase their content, services, products, and provide content. Here are Tumblr’s image and video sizes:
Tumblr Image Size: Profile Photo
The recommended Tumblr profile photo image size is 128 x 128 pixels.
Tumblr Image Size: Profile Banner
The recommended image size for Tumblr banner image is 3000 x 1055 pixels.
Tumblr Image Size: Dashboard View
For Tumblr dashboard view, the recommended image size is 1280 x 1920 pixels.
Tumblr Image Size: Ads
The recommended Tumblr ads photo image size is 1280 x 1920 pixels.
Tumblr Image Size: Photoset
For a single photo original post, the recommended image size is 500 pixels wide and the corresponding height.
For a photoset with 2 or 3 images, the recommended image size is 245 pixels for each photo and 160 pixels wide for each photo respectively with the corresponding height in pixels.
For Tumblr audio post thumbnail, 169 x 169 pixels is the recommended size while the reocmmended size for an audio post image is 540 x 169 pixels.
Additionally, the thumbnail image size for a post with link is 130 x 130 pixels.
Free Social Media Image Sizes Cheatsheet
One of the best ways to grab someone’s attention on social media is through an eye-catching visual. One added bonus to eye-catching visuals is using the best social media image sizes.
Adhering to the image size guidelines on social media may seem tedious, but nothing else will matter if you fail to do so. You can create an incredibly compelling image, but people will scroll right past it if it shows up in feeds as blurry or distorted.
You work hard to create that image, so don’t mess it with the wrong dimensions or aspect ratio. Learn the exact social media post sizes and their guidelines for different social networks from this guide and adhere to them. It is an absolute necessity if you want to get results with social media marketing.
Grab the free trial today and start optimizing your marketing strategy and effectively managing your social with Statusbrew!
Statusbrew is an all-in-one social media management tool that supports Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and even Google My Business.
Explore the Statusbrew range of social media tools