Instagram recently launched a new feature called ‘Remix,’ which offers a way to record your Reels alongside a video from another user. The option is almost similar to TikTok’s existing ‘Duets’ feature.
Remix option is a crucial part of making the Instagram Reels feel more than just a passive video-watching feature.
Creators take advantage of Remix to sing, dance, or act alongside another creator’s video. They can do videos like cook someone else’s recipe, record a reaction video, or even watch a video from a relatively more minor creator to give them a boost.
To remix a Reel, you have to ask the creator to enable remixing option in case they have not already enabled it.
They can turn off the Remix option at any given point for all Reels from the 'Settings' menu or do it separately for a particular reel by tapping on the three-dot menu and turning it 'Off'.
While creating a Reel, the creator has complete control over whether you want to allow others to Remix it or not. But for starters, it is switched 'On' by default. This is done to give other users more clips for Remixing.
Instagram also gives a notification if someone does make a Remix of your Reel.
Steps On How To Create A Remix Reel
- Find a Reel you want to remix
- On the Reel you've selected, click on the three-dot menu
- Click on "Remix this Reel"
- The screen split into two sides. Side one will have the original Reel, and the other side will have the new one - The one you are about to create
- Start recording and creating your Reel
- Once you are done recording Reel, there is an option to change the volume of the original Reel and your own recorded audio. To change the volume in the Reel, you need to tap on the slider icon on the top
- There is also an option to add a voiceover to the remix Reel. To add a voiceover to your Reel, tap the microphone icon
- Post your remixed Reel
Compose and schedule Instagram posts in bulk using handy features like asset manager, scheduling time and categories and approval process with Statusbrew.