If you are looking for solutions to moderate comments on LinkedIn, you've landed on the right page. If not, ask yourself these questions.
- When did you last reply to comments on LinkedIn?
- Did you clear spam comments off your posts?
- How did you handle the last negative comment on your LinkedIn Profile/Page?
In this article, you'll find everything you need to know about moderating comments on LinkedIn for businesses and professionals.
Let us get right into "How you can moderate comments on LinkedIn - Hide, Delete, or Reply?". Keep scrolling or jump to any section below:
- Why Should Businesses Moderate Comments On LinkedIn?
- How Can You Deal With Negative, Spam & Untasteful Comments On LinkedIn?
- Can You Hide Or Delete Comments On Linkedin Profile/Page?
- Can You Set Comment Moderation On LinkedIn?
- Comment Management Solutions from Statusbrew
Why Should Businesses Moderate Comments On LinkedIn?
Here are the two most important facts about LinkedIn you need to know.
One can observe from the above facts that even though there is a very high audience potential on the network, the short time spent window poses a challenge to all social media managers. With the small spent time window of the average LinkedIn user, grabbing attention becomes an arduous task for businesses. Although LinkedIn is the best platform for B2B marketing, the competition is pretty high. Meanwhile, negative and spam comments make it harder and harder for businesses to maintain their reputation. Majority of businesses skip over Comment moderation on LinkedIn. Take a look at the comments where businesses face the wrath of negative and spam comments on LinkedIn.
Nike gets 30% spam comments on each post.
Verizon suffers from a high volume of negative comments on LinkedIn.
Hence, you can see that if you do not moderate comments on LinkedIn, your audience may get a very wrong idea about your business.
How Can You Deal With Negative, Spam & Untasteful Comments On LinkedIn?
On LinkedIn, you can choose any of the three options shared below to deal with negative, Spam & Untasteful comments natively. Although we would like to point out that native LinkedIn features are not well equipped to handle the problem. Therefore we have a better solution for you. Keep reading, or directly jump to Comment Management Solutions from Statusbrew
Air Canada follows best practices for moderating comments.
1. Respond Strategically To Negative & Unsatisfied Comments
The first option is to respond strategically to such comments. It is always a good practice that you attend negative comments and turn the situation to your advantage. You can clarify the audience using replies and create a better reputation.
2. Remove Spam Comments On Your Profile & Page
We strongly believe that businesses should have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to spam comments. Your comment section is a precious social media real estate, and you must utilize it to represent your brand values and customer's voice. Hence, we strongly advise you to remove spam comments once and for all.
3. Report Comments That Defy Community Guidelines
As a last resort, you have the option to report a comment on LinkedIn. Reporting flags the comment for LinkedIn community moderators to check the comment themselves and take appropriate action. We do not recommend this solution, but if you have to do it, you can.
Bonus Content: 3 Ways To Get Google Reviews Deleted [Always Work]
Can You Hide Or Delete Comments On Linkedin Profile/Page?
When Facebook introduced the feature to hide or ghost comments on posts, it made the lives of a social media manager and PR teams quite easy. Executives today have now become so used to this feature that they look for the same functionality on LinkedIn. But the question is, "Can you hide comments on LinkedIn?" or "Do you only have the option to delete them permanently?"
You can delete a comment on LinkedIn but sadly, LinkedIn does not offer a way to hide comments on posts. The feature is neither available on profiles nor on pages.
If you want to learn how to delete comments on LinkedIn and other social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, etc, check out our: Ultimate Guide To Comment Management On Social
Can You Set Comment Moderation On LinkedIn?
Professionals, social media executives, and PR teams use the moderation features by Facebook and Instagram extensively to manage comments on their business profiles.
The fact that comment moderation is not natively available in LinkedIn creates a significant workflow gap for these pro users. Does this mean you can not moderate comments on LinkedIn? Well, we didn't say so. You can very well set up comment moderation on LinkedIn and do so much more with Statusbrew.
Comment Moderation on LinkedIn with Statusbrew
If you are still reading, you must be quite interested in comment moderation on LinkedIn. You need to know about Statusbrew.
Statusbrew is a social media management tool that allows users to manage & moderate LinkedIn comments. Here's how.
- Your LinkedIn comments sync effortlessly on Statusbrew along with other social interactions.
- Statusbrew is built around teams & workflows so you can delegate comments to your team members.
- Use moderation rules to automate daily tasks with Statusbrew.
- Along with team members, Statusbrew also fits well in your toolkit with slack notifications, Salesforce and Hubspot integrations and more.
- Statusbrew makes social reporting just a click away.
Disable Comments on LinkedIn with Statusbrew
To make your messaging clear on LinkedIn, you can disable Post Comments right from Statusbrew.
To disable LinkedIn comments,
- Navigate to your desired LinkedIn Post (Use the filter Post Status is "Published" for quick navigation)
- Click on post and head to Conversation tab
- Click on the three-dot menu beside the post & click on Disable Comments
Did we tell you that you can claim your free 7 day trial for Statusbrew when you sign up for comment management?
Statusbrew is an all in one social media management tool that, along with YouTube, supports Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and even Google My Business.