Brands these days rely heavily on advertising their products or services on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, and it's unlikely for them to not respond to a comment on ad posts.
But things get tricky when they are managing multiple profiles, running several ad campaigns, and getting hundreds of comments on their ad posts.
In such cases, brands are often unsure of how to handle all the negative, spam, and user comments for which they currently don't have an answer.
Do you ignore such comments? Do you delete them? Or do you hide them? and How?
In this blog, we'll take a look at the importance of hiding ad comments and how you can manage ad comments on Facebook and Instagram.
- Importance Of Hiding Ad Comments
- How To Hide Comments On Instagram Ads?
- How To Hide Comments On Facebook Ads?
- Hide Ad Comments On Facebook And Instagram Automatically With Statusbrew
Importance Of Hiding Ad Comments
As a brand, you want to control the voice of your ad posts to get your message across, but running ads these days go hand in hand with negative, spam, and unnecessary comments taking up the comment section.
Hiding these comments allows you to manage your ad posts in a better way. You can get rid of the spam and irrelevant comments to maintain the quality of your post and even unhide and respond later on to the relevant comments with a better answer to strengthen your brand reputation.
You should consider hiding ad comments, such as:
- Spam - These are the comments with links that may send a user to sites with viruses and malware.
- Self-promotion- How often do we come across people on ad posts that are trying to promote their own website or app.
- Inappropriate content or language - This includes explicit language, racist, homophobic, or sexist comments.
- Trolls - These are the comments from users that are determined to drag your name through the mud.
How To Hide Comments On Instagram Ads?
With businesses flocking to advertise on Instagram, it's important to make the most of your ads. Instagram ads arguably get the highest level of engagement, which means more number of likes and comments. And while you don't have to worry about the number of likes, managing all the comments on your Instagram ads is a big concern.
Getting rid of the unnecessary comments is vital so that you can channel your efforts into responding to the comments that are relative to the ad post and your brand.
Here's how you can hide comments on Instagram ads.
Hiding Instagram Ad Comments In Ads Manager
After linking your ad account to the ads manager, you get the ability to manage your Instagram ad posts.
To hide the comments on your Instagram ads from Facebook ads Manager:
- Go to the ads manager
- Click on Edit Campaign next to the campaign that contains the Instagram ad you want to view
- Click on ads and then from the links drop-down menu, select manage Instagram comments
- You'll see your Instagram ads with the comments section to the right
- If you want to add a comment to your ad post, type your comment in the Add a comment field
- To delete a comment, click on the downwards pointing arrow next to your comment and select Delete comment in the drop-down menu
- To hide or unhide a comment, click on the same arrow next to your comment and choose Hide comment or Unhide comment in the drop-down menu
How To Hide Comments On Facebook Ads?
With the decline in Facebook's organic reach, brands have been trying harder than ever to grab a spot in your social media feeds. One excellent way to do so is by using targeted posts, otherwise known as ad posts to promote your brand, product, or services to your target audience.
Businesses of all sizes can use Facebook's incredible targeting options to get their message to the desired audience via ad posts.
And while Facebook sends you notifications for the activity happening on your Facebook page and profile (including comments on all your posts), comments on ads are not considered as an activity, so you do not get any notifications.
You have to manually go through each ad post via the ads manager to monitor and hide the comments on your posts.
Hiding Facebook Ad Comments in Ads Manager
Here's how you can hide comments on Facebook ads:
- Go to the ads Manager.
- Go to the ad level and tick the box next to your selected ad.
- Click on Edit (under the ad name) to open the side panel.
- Click on the small boxed arrow symbol above your ad preview on the right to access the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, under see post, select the Facebook ad post with comments.
- Facebook now provides you a listing of your ad posts with people's reactions.
- Click on the small dots next to a comment and then select Hide Comment.
Hide Ad Comments On Facebook And Instagram Automatically With Statusbrew
With the lack of options available to manage ad comments on Facebook and Instagram, we at Statusbrew realized the need for a better solution.
Statusbrew's ad management solutions offer you features to manage and hide comments automatically without the hassle of doing so manually each time.
Control the quality and voice of your ad posts on Facebook and Instagram using Statusbrew's Moderation Rules; you can specify the conditions according to your needs and get rid of the irrelevant, inappropriate, or offensive comments automatically.
To hide ad comments with Statusbrew:
- Go to Engage section and choose Moderation rules from the left side nav panel
- Click on Add rules to set a new rule
You can use three different parameters for your moderation rule; these parameters define when the rule is triggered and what action is taken.
You can write the phrases or the words that you'd like to avoid in your comment section; for example - buy likes, buy followers, etc. Comments with these phrases will get hidden automatically.
Applies to defines the conditions where your rule would be activated. You can set the conversation type such as Facebook ad comments, Instagram ad comments, etc.
You can even set the rules for a particular social profile and define the sentiment type, such as positive, negative, or neutral.
Action defines what your rule does when it's triggered; you can choose from different actions available such as:
- Mark the comment as spam
- Hide comment
- Delete comment
- Set the conversation as priority
- Assign a team member to that conversation
You can select multiple actions and even get a Slack notification every time a moderation rule is applied.
With our built-in Slack integration, you can direct the moderated comments to your specific Slack channels to make sure you're moderating the right incoming comments and are not hiding the non-spam/important comments.
You can unhide the comments you want to and reply to them right from our Engage inbox.
Statusbrew's Engage feature allows you to never miss out on an important comment; with the inbuilt filters, you can easily separate the ad comments from the regular comments and manage them without any hassle.
Stay on top of your ad posts with Statusbrew's built-in ad management features. Set moderation rules according to your brand's needs and get rid of the unnecessary comments automatically.
Curious to try Statusbrew, Start your free trial today!