Running ads on Facebook comes bundled with hundreds of people commenting on them, and responding to these ad comments is a task in itself. If you've been there, you know how hard it is to manage each and every one of them.
But it is incredibly important for your brand to acknowledge people and avoid the embarrassment of coming off as a brand that doesn't care.
If you're a beginner, take a look at what Facebook Ads are and why they are important in 2023. If you're already familiar with them, jump to our section on why and how to manage Facebook ad comments without spending too much of your time.
Table Of Contents:
- Why Managing Facebook Ad Comments Is Essential?
- How To Manage Facebook Ad Comments With Facebook Ad Manager?
- How To Automate Managing Facebook Ad Comments?
You can directly jump to a section of your choice or keep scrolling.
Why Managing Facebook Ad Comments Is Essential?
Facebook levels the playing field for all
You get an enormous user base of 2.9 billion active monthly users, incredibly detailed user-targeting options, and a wide variety of objectives to choose from for your ad campaign on Facebook.
26% of Facebook users who clicked on ads reported making purchases in one survey.
A prompt and insightful response to ad comments can help elevate your brand image and increase lead opportunities.
Ignoring Comments Could Be Costing You
Marketers spend a lot of money on Facebook ads to create awareness about the brand and to bring in more engagement.
All this money goes down the drain if you fail to address the comments you receive.
Sure, you can frame a canned response and respond to various comments with the same answer.
But when the volume is very high, a lot of these comments are bound to go unnoticed.
You Are Missing Opportunities On Potential Leads
If you decide to ignore these comments under your ads:
- You lose out on potential leads.
- Miss the valuable feedback from your targetted audience.
Become like men's grooming brand Dollar Shave Club, which is often cited for doing social media right.
One of the main reasons for that is their constant engagement with users over comments.
Ignoring Negative Comments Can Hurt Your Brand Reputation
What if you ignore all the negative comments?
There's no harm in ignoring those comments that criticize your brand or your product, right?
That might be a common perception, but it's completely wrong.
How often do we come across Facebook ad posts that are quite tempting to explore, but as soon as you go to the comment section, it is filled with people bashing the product or the brand, leaving you with a bad perception of that brand?
You cannot change the sentiment by simply replying to all those comments.
But giving a prompt and eventful response can undoubtedly make you look responsible and genuine, which does go a long way!
The Negative Impact Of Spam Comments On Facebook Ad Posts
Unfortunately, Facebook ad comments are incomplete these days without all those spam comments hijacking the comment section.
Want more likes?? Get 1000 followers for free?? Participate in our Giveaway to win an iPhone
We all have come across such types of comments on Facebook ad posts, and these are simply the worst.
Facebook does give you the option to remove these comments, but removing hundreds of such comments manually requires a lot of time and effort, which isn't feasible for most of us.
Now that you've learned about the importance of managing Facebook ad comments, let's check out the available solutions.
Bonus: If you're looking to manage social comments at scale on different networks such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more, we recently wrote a detailed blog post with actionable insights on hiding & deleting comments as well as steps on how to disable comments on Facebook.
How To Manage Facebook Ad Comments With Facebook Ad Manager?
Facebook has built an impressive ad manager that gives you a platform you need to manage every aspect of your ad posts (aka Dark posts). Using Facebook ads manager, you can hide comments on Facebook, delete comments, and directly reply to them. Facebook manages ads through the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard. You will be able to manage most parts of comments on your ads from the ads manager dashboard.
Here's what Facebook provides for managing Facebook comments:
- Profanity filter to block offensive language from appearing on your Page
- Page moderation to block specific words, phrases, or emojis from appearing on your Page
- Comment ranking to prioritize the most relevant comments at the top of your post
- Ability to hide or delete individual comments from a post on your Facebook Page
- Reporting a comment if it violates Facebook Community Standards
To know how to manage comments on Facebook ads via ads manager, follow the below steps:
- Go to Ads Manager
- At the Ad level, check the box next to the ad you'd like to view and click Edit (under the ad name) to open the side pane
- Click above your ad preview on the right
- Under the see post drop-down menu, select Facebook post with comments
- Facebook will list your posts with people's reactions
You can now view, like, and reply to the comments on your Facebook ads.
To hide a comment on Facebook,
Locate the particular post with the comment you want to hide
Hover your mouse over the comment, click on and select Hide
Hiding a comment on Facebook will keep it hidden from everyone except the person who made the comment and their friends. You can unhide the comment later on.
Now even though Facebook Ads Manager does give you these features to manage these comments, things get tricky when:
- You're running multiple ad campaigns
- Getting hundreds of comments
At Statusbrew, we realized the need for a better ad comment management solution and created a one-stop destination from where you can manage Facebook ad comments and even hide comments on Instagram, all in the same dashboard.
How To Automate Managing Facebook Ad Comments?
The biggest problem with managing comments on Facebook ads using the Facebook ad manager is the fact that there's no separation of comments between regular posts and ad posts (dark posts). There's no option to get rid of spam comments automatically, nor are there timely notifications of brand mentions.
Statusbrew's powerful Engage feature completely eliminates this problem by allowing you to filter all your ad post comments from the regular ones.
Decoding Emotions In Comments
- Statusbrew provides sentiment analysis for all social conversations to help you understand the overall tone of the interactions.
- Using highly trained AI models for language and human interaction, Statusbrew can quickly determine whether a conversation is positive, negative, or neutral in sentiment.
- You can filter conversations based on their sentiment, allowing you to focus on the conversations that need attention.
- Statusbrew offers comprehensive sentiment reporting, including insights into the sentiment of the conversations, which can help you measure the success of your campaigns and identify areas for improvement.
Advanced Automation For Comment Moderation
Statusbrew provides advanced automation that allows you to set custom rules based on sentiment, keywords, phrases, user profiles and more to automate comment management.
Using Statusbrew's Rule Engine, you can automate the following actions,
- Hide comments that require moderation
- Delete the unwanted comments
- Move spam comments of a specific category to a particular Engage Inbox
- Add Tags to comments for easy segregation
- Receive real-time notifications on Slack, Microsoft Team, Emails & Mobile App to deal with spam comments before they destroy your brand reputation
Managing ad comments on Facebook has never been this easier.
Manage Facebook Ad Comments As A Team
- Statusbrew's collaborative workflow enables teams to work together when responding to comments in the best manner. You can assign a team member that is better suited to handle a particular conversation and Add notes to get them up-to-date.
- Getting similar sorts of queries on a lot of comments? Use the saved replies feature and respond quickly to all of them with a single click.
- One of the benefits of running ads on Facebook is the ability to target a wide variety of audiences on a global level. However, one catch to this is getting comments in a language that you or the team aren't familiar with. Using Statusbrew's Translate feature, you can translate all the comments without the need for third-party translator apps.
Statusbrew reduces the complexity of managing comments under your ads and regular posts and eliminates the everyday hassle of dealing with Facebook ad comments.
Did we tell you that you can claim your FREE 14-DAY TRIAL for Statusbrew when you sign up for comment management?
Stay on top of your Facebook ad campaign, and get the most out of your social media budget with Statusbrew's ad comment management features.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some commonly asked questions about managing Facebook ad comments:
How do I moderate comments on Facebook ads?
Facebook allows you to moderate ad comments by blocking words or applying a profanity filter so that comments containing these keywords or profanity are hidden. You can also use a comment moderation tool like Statusbrew to moderate ad comments in bulk and to separate ad comments from the regular ones.
How do I remove negative comments from Facebook ads?
Locate the comment you want to delete in Facebook Ads Manager. Click on the three dots icon to the right of the comment & select Delete from the menu to delete negative comments from Facebook ads. You can also automate deleting all or specific Facebook ad comments containing harmful keywords using Statusbrew.
Can I delete Facebook ad comments?
Yes, you can delete Facebook ad comments. Keep in mind that deleting comments may affect engagement on your ad, so it's important to approach comment moderation carefully and thoughtfully.